.NET Software Engineer (Remote)
The .NET Backend Engineers at Chatbooks design, implement, and maintain backend software systems. They learn quickly and apply sound engineering principles to existing and new problems. Much of the work focuses on improving and optimizing existing systems, adding features that enable new product features, and supporting business operations by collaborating cross-functionally.
- Design, build, and test .NET Core/C# backend applications, including development of new features, maintenance, and system optimizations
- Collaborate with product, UX, engineering, and support teams to align technical solutions with business goals and user needs
- Review project requirements to provide feedback, time estimates, and prioritization for development activities
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests to ensure system functionality and data integrity
- 3+ years of experience in backend development using .NET Core and C#, with expertise in object-oriented design patterns and software design
- Exceptional analytical abilities and attention to detail, combined with a high level of curiosity to problem-solve effectively
- Proficiency in writing, debugging multi-threaded applications, and implementing RESTful APIs
- Strong experience with SQL databases, data warehousing concepts, and upgrading legacy systems to modern technologies
- Skill in unit testing and test-driven development, along with familiarity with Git for version control
- Experience in performance-tuning and scaling backend systems and databases
- Familiarity with MySQL, Kubernetes, and AWS service
What you'll accomplish within the first 90 days
- Have a clear understanding of Chatbooks culture, business objectives, and strategy
- Build relationships with coworkers, managers, and stakeholders
- Make positive contributions to several team projects and tasks
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions
- Quickly adapt to the company's technology, software tools, and working norms
- 100% coverage for medical for you and your family, and 100% coverage for employee dental, and vision, group life and long-term disability insurance. (Yes, you read that right — we cover it all!)
- Unlimited, free therapy sessions from the comfort of your home
- 4-12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- A good work/life balance is encouraged! We’ve implemented Mandatory Time Off with a recommendation to take 1 week off every season
- Company-wide winter break to relax with your family
- 401k plan with employer match of up to 4%
- We are a remote first company headquartered in Lehi, Utah
- Company sponsored WFH Setup
- Impending work week Sunday night dread? Nope, that’s not a thing here!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment—where we welcome, celebrate, and honor varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives—because it makes our business better. We fully embrace diversity, equality, and inclusion as guiding principles as we build our company and grow our team. We are passionate about creating an amazing workplace where you can be yourself and bring your best self to work. Our commitment includes equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marital status, or veteran status.