Controller (Hybrid or Remote)
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller role will oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). This person will oversee the operations of the accounting department and work closely with other key stakeholders of the business. They will play a vital role in developing, optimizing, and securing financial systems, controls, and processes that are scalable and allow for a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee all accounting responsibilities and staff
- Manage the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for each month-end close, present financial statements to management
- Work closely with FP&A, Operations and other departments to identify areas of cost savings and develop capital efficiencies
- Work with external auditors in preparation for and completion of periodic field reviews and annual audits
- Determine the proper application of GAAP & FASB guidance for the company and implement the necessary business controls
- Create and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- 2-3 years in public accounting required
- CPA required
- Prior operating experience in industry as a Controller or Assistant Controller for a growing consumer or technology company strongly preferred
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Strong leadership skills, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
What you'll accomplish within the first 90 days
- Have a clear understanding of Chatbooks culture, business objectives, and strategy
- Build relationships with coworkers, managers, and stakeholders
- Make positive contributions to several team projects and tasks
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions
- Quickly adapt to the company's technology, software tools, and working norms
- 100% coverage for medical for you and your family, and 100% coverage for employee dental, and vision, group life and long-term disability insurance. (Yes, you read that right — we cover it all!)
- Unlimited, free therapy sessions from the comfort of your home
- 4-12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- A good work/life balance is encouraged! We’ve implemented Mandatory Time Off with a recommendation to take 1 week off every season
- Company-wide winter break to relax with your family
- 401k plan with employer match of up to 4%
- We are a remote first company headquartered in Lehi, Utah
- Company sponsored WFH Setup
- Impending work week Sunday night dread? Nope, that’s not a thing here!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment—where we welcome, celebrate, and honor varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives—because it makes our business better. We fully embrace diversity, equality, and inclusion as guiding principles as we build our company and grow our team. We are passionate about creating an amazing workplace where you can be yourself and bring your best self to work. Our commitment includes equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marital status, or veteran status.