Vice President of Engineering
Posted on Thursday, March 2, 2023
The Vice President of Engineering will work with CTO and other senior leadership in establishing Engineering strategic direction, then will build implementation plans, and direct their tactical execution. This includes following existing policies and procedures, and where required, updating or replacing them to meet the company’s evolving needs.
- Manages the cloud infrastructure team in maintaining smooth operations, optimal performance, and high availability of the company’s SaaS products.
- Works closely with the company’s CISO and Security and Compliance teams in maintaining the security of the company’s SaaS products.
- Works closely with the VP of Product in ensuring the smooth transition of work from Product to Engineering, and in jointly establishing its requirements, priorities, and scheduling, and in managing interdepartmental pods of Product and Engineering personnel.
- Works closely with Customer Success and Product leadership to understand and resolve customer concerns with the company’s SaaS products.
- With the Engineering Directors, oversees the daily operation of a widely distributed, international, Engineering team.
- Oversees the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, and management of Engineering personnel.
- Oversees the administration of regular and constructive performance evaluations of Engineering personnel.
- Handles discipline and termination of Engineering personnel in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the preparation of project plans, and where appropriate, works with the CTO on final approval.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of a schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, and within budget.
- Collaborates with the executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on Engineering projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Communicates and implements—and where needed, updates, replaces, or creates—policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure effective and consistent Engineering operations.
- Establishes and administers the Engineering budget.
- Maintains and builds knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in software engineering generally, and in healthcare technology, specifically.
- Maintains and builds knowledge of evolving organizational management strategies and methods.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Maintains strong documentation of Engineering policies and procedures, activities, goals, metrics, and results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of prominent organization and management methodologies, including Agile/Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in B2B SaaS generally, and healthtech/HCIT SaaS specifically.
- Strong knowledge of major healthtech protocols, formats, and platforms, and their integration methodologies and marketplaces (e.g. HL7v2, CCD, FHIR, Cerner Code, Epic App Marketplace)
- Strong familiarity with Amazon AWS, including Fargate, Cloudfront, and CodePipeline.
- Proficient with Google Workspace tools, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Business Intelligence suites such as Tableau, Data Studio, Sisense, PowerBI, or others; highly proficient in variants of SQL in writing queries against databases.
- Strong proficiency in at least three major programming languages.
- Some proficiency in ReactJS and Ruby on Rails preferred.
Education and Experience:
- BS and MS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least ten years’ experience working in healthtech/HCIT.
- At least two years’ experience in a VP Engineering or equivalent role.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA & FSA plans
- Generous PTO plan, plus 10 paid national holidays
- A fun, collaborative environment where the company is working to define the future of telemedicine
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
- 100% remote work
See more open positions at eVisit
Something looks off?