Senior Back-End Software Engineer
We are hiring a Senior Backend Software Engineer, and we'd like you to consider joining us!
We are driven by eVisit's mission: to simplify healthcare delivery to everyone, everywhere. We are creating technology to make it simpler for patients to connect with doctors, without having to go into the clinic.
What will you be working on?
Further strengthening our Healthcare interoperability platform. Enhancing our cloud-native, microservices-based, event-driven systems. Help us grow and expand your knowledge with: AWS services, CI/CD, microservices, TDD, messaging, and everything else that is needed to build highly scalable, resilient, and cost-effective software. You will have the opportunity to work side by side with other experienced developers.
- Experienced backend developer with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Message-driven, microservices-based architecture
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) like Pulumi
- AWS serverless, SQS, Code pipeline
- Experienced with Ruby programming language or willing and capable of learning it.
- Observability Tools and Platforms like DataDog
- Designing and building backend web services and RESTful APIs
- SQL databases and ORMs
- Software testing best practices and tools like RSpec
Nice to have
- Experience working in a regulated environment (Healthcare experience HL7, EMRs)
- Experience working with Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Experience working with TDD/BDD
- Sound ability to express technical ideas fluently in English
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- We align to our head office timezone (Mountain Standard Time)
- On-Call Rotation
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA & FSA plans
- Generous PTO plan, plus 12 paid national holidays
- Fun, collaborative environment where the company is working to define the future of telemedicine
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth