Business Controls Issue Manager
Galileo Financial Technologies
Who we are:
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at https://www.galileo-ft.com/working-at-galileo.
The Issues Manager is responsible for working with business partners to understand, identify, and resolve open issues. This person will work very closely with issue owners to drive quality documentation across the issue management lifecycle from issue identification through closure/escalation. This person will also be responsible for creating and delivering reports to ensure full awareness across the business.
The Issues Manager will act as an advisor to cross-functional teams and will help identify common and disparate control issues, help teams with root cause analysis resulting from insufficient controls, as well as provide the organization with guidance and governance over the implementation of Corrective Action Plan’s (CAP). They will also help establish workflows/processes to support and drive consistent issues management resulting from risk and control self-assessments (RCSAs); facilitate and assist with control issues, management and remediation; and assist teams with the development and implementation of 1LOD risk issue/corrective action plans and reporting.
Additionally, this role will promote risk awareness and the overall effectiveness of the risk program across SoFi’s subsidiaries in line with Business and Enterprise RIsk Management (ERM) goals and processes.
What you’ll do:
- Management and oversight of issues across SoFi’s subsidiaries
- Partner with issue owners, auditors, and reviewers to build issue resolution plans that meet expectations and creatively solve for issues. This includes strong root cause analysis and ability to effectively risk rank and prioritize the highest risk issues.
- Exceed timeliness goals and meet issue management deadlines.
- Build out a milestone management model that ensures we are on track throughout the issue management process.
- Drive accountability with issue owners to ensure resolution.
- Partner with peers in compliance and internal audit to ensure we are continuously improving.
- Partner and collaborate across business units to facilitate, tackle and report on issues arising from Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA’s).
- Partner with business units as well as SoFi enterprise risk teams to identify, mitigate and migrate Issue and corrective action planning to a common system of record.
- Develop procedures and training to ensure a common set of issue/corrective action planning standards are followed.
- Lead issue governance and reporting across subsidiaries’ teams and groups; including facilitating regular review/approval of new issues, agree on actions/next steps and mitigate future risks.
- Map issues to enterprise reporting and plans in support of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) goals and standards, three-lines of defense and corporate risk appetite.
- Develop key success measures/metrics and reporting to determine the effectiveness of issue identification and corrective action planning.
- Develop and maintain issues management and governance workflows.
- Support the company’s three-lines of defense (3LOD) program; help build subsidiaries’ SoFi’s first line of defense program (1LOD).
- Adhere to second line of defense (2LOD) risk and compliance policies.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, operational processes, inherent risks, and internal policies & practices to provide advice to stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in risk management in a financial services and/or banking operating environments; specifically managing first or second line of defense risks, controls, and issue management
- Experience mapping root cause analysis, and corrective action planning etc. across multiple teams and enterprise-wide
- Strong ability to create a culture of ownership, accountability, collaboration, and ability to influence
- Demonstrated initiative to identify problems that need to be addressed and prioritized
- Partnership mindset to ensure we have positive and productive working relationships with auditors and examiners
- Results oriented and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple critical priorities simultaneously
- Ability to build a process from the ground up and drive engagement from business partners
- Experience with risk data, reporting and analysis; including systems
- Experience in highly-matrixed, fast paced environments
- A Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree