Business Controls RCSA Senior Analyst
Galileo Financial Technologies
Who we are:
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at https://www.galileo-ft.com/working-at-galileo.
SoF is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) Senior Analyst to join our Business Controls team. This role will report to the Director and partner with key stakeholders and other risk program owners to build and maintain RCSAs across SoFi subsidiaries and 1LOD risk reporting. This exciting opportunity will assist in the execution of the RCSA program across SoFi and be responsible for working with the 1st Line of Defense to identify risks and controls and provide an effective challenge of RCSA results on quarterly and annual risk assessments. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be an agile learner and leader, can think strategically and act tactically to implement solutions.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry-leading leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Partner and collaborate with the business in the identification and development of key risks, development, and mapping of effective controls to mitigate risks
- Utilize the Enterprise Risk Management risk taxonomy and scoring methodology to assist the business partners in measuring and monitoring risks and controls
- Partner with the Business to ensure Corrective Action Plans are in place to address control gaps
- Assist the Business in conducting quarterly and annual Risk Control Self-Assessments assessing the design and effectiveness of controls based on control and testing evidence, alignment with risk appetite, performance of issues and corrective actions, and issues/findings from Compliance and IA.
- Create risk Assessment reports for various forums and Committees.
- Actively participate in and/or host meetings with business units and functions to advise on changes, updates, or recent events related to RCSA.
- Assist in communication and awareness programs to drive effective RCSA program adoption and promote a strong culture of risk management.
- Leverage governance policy, procedures, and tools to analyze and report RCSA following the ERM framework
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience developing/managing risks and controls (RCSA)
- Experience in the banking and/or fintech industry
- Experience working with 2nd Line of Defense Operational Risk Management
- Experience mapping complex processes and identifying control points
- Knowledge of banking products, processes, and regulations
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Comfort in managing and prioritizing simultaneous workflows and activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Excellent critical, creative, and data thinking, decision-making, and innovative problem-solving skills
- Team Player
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; capable of writing documentation, and interacting positively with management and colleagues
Nice to have:
- Experience with GRC systems
- Familiarity with process mapping techniques and tools
- Knowledge of technology, engineering, and product design
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Industry certifications such as CRISC, and CISM are a plus