Senior Staff Software Engineer, Authorization
Galileo Financial Technologies
Who we are:
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at https://www.galileo-ft.com/working-at-galileo.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who enjoys the challenges of building and shipping code at scale. As a technical leader, you are passionate, pragmatic, and hands-on. You will drive the design, building, testing, evolution, monitoring, and operation of our services. Your influence will extend across multiple squads, projects and locations, shaping both our technical direction as well as the growth of more junior members of the team. You value high performing teams, self-testing code, and shipping frequently.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development and operation of our systems and services
- Write, test, and deploy code that impacts millions of people
- Ensure that our codebase is continuously improving with clean code, that is easy to change and always shippable
- Shape the technical architecture of the product
- Deliver highly available and scalable services
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Collaborate and build a strong relationships with product and design
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Experience in understanding domain problems, and designing and shipping software solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Delivery principles and techniques, including automated testing and build & deploy pipelines
- Ability to lead and influence technical direction across multiple teams
- Demonstrated expertise with data store and cloud technologies, within a microservice architecture
- Demonstrated expertise in designing resilient software components within a distributed system