GM - Retail Studio NYC
At Havenly, we’re reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making both custom furniture and interior design industries delightful and accessible for all. We create spaces that people love coming home to. Although we are headquartered in Denver, CO, we operate design studios on both coasts and throughout the US.
We're looking for a GM for our NYC Retail Studio in SoHo. Our ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
- Sales and management, business development, event planning, executing marketing campaigns, raising awareness around the brand, support in hiring and training a local team
- Manage the complete selling process from the customer first touch point to purchase execution and ensure the customer experience is exceptional
- Recruit, mentor, train, and inspire Studio Sales Team members as part of your daily responsibilities to your team
- Grow the sales team, while improving sales processes to ensure that growth never compromises our focus on customers and the I/D brand.
- Field inquiries (and ultimately sell) to consumers over the phone, email, and – importantly – in person in our Studio
- Help cultivate our brand culture, building a community around our new Studio including the build-out of events
What you'll bring:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- 4+ years experience in sales management and/or hospitality
- Experience in hiring and leading a sales team to achieve goals and targets
- You are comfortable managing sales relationships, setting team goals, and maintaining sales performance objectives
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to translate details into actionable responses
- Clear and effective communication ability
- The love interacting with customers (and teammates)
- You are self-directed and willing to learn new things, ask questions, and promote customer experiences
- You have a strong technical acumen, proficiency in Excel and / or Google Sheets and experience with Salesforce
Who you are:
- You are excited about building an innovative brand that prioritizes an elevated customer experience.
- You have experience working on (and potentially managing) a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development
- You are detailed oriented and are capable of managing the nuance of individual customer’s needs through close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams
- You have a keen eye for design
- You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process
- You are comfortable communicating with customers and are able to maintain a calm and friendly presence throughout each customer interaction
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality)
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- This is a full-time exempt position based out of our Retail studio in New York City, NY
- Targeted base salary for this position is $70K-$75K/year, dependent upon experience. Additionally, this role is eligible for substantial bonus based on achievement of sales targets and KPIs.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be able to lift and mobilize small to medium items up to 50 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Applicants must be able to maneuver effectively around studio floor.
- This position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending and climbing
- Licensed to drive preferred.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.