At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014, we've grown into the #1 interior design service in the country.
We're reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making custom furniture and interior design delightful and accessible for all. Although we're headquartered in Denver, we offer both online and in-person services, operating design studios on both coasts and throughout the US.
We are currently looking for a Controller to join our team in Denver. In this role, you will work closely with the leadership team to drive growth and seek improvements in operations processes with responsibility for overseeing all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, fixed assets, and revenue recognition. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated and takes initiative to analyze financial performance, and investigate and correct potential weaknesses. If you’re excited for the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make an impact, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and optimize all aspects of accounting operations (including accounts payable and general ledger functions), including monthly and quarterly close processes, quarterly review and annual audit procedures with an eye on developing a future-ready accounting team.
- Manage and lead a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance.
- Lead the development and improvement of processes and procedures to establish and reinforce internal controls for accurate and repeatable financial statement reporting.
- Coordinate all audit activity, including annual financial and contract audits.
- Manage timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Manage the resolution of complex accounting issues by preparing accounting memos detailing significant transactions/practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial insights that drive informed decision-making across the organization.
- Implement, and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Continue to improve upon current internal controls, policies, and infrastructure to scale with the business
- Assist in board presentations.
- Support the budget and forecasting processes.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 4 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting standards.
- Experience with ASC 606 and ASC 842.
- Experience working in ecommerce or technology-related industries is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in financial software systems (NetSuite strongly preferred), ERPs, and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities, with a proven track record of developing and mentoring staff.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities.
- This is a hybrid full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO, with the expectation that this person is on-site 2-3 days per week.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $130K-150K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.