Digital Marketing Manager
This is a remote position.
Welcome to Literal. We make books just as addictive as social media, and we are super fun to work for (if we do say so ourselves)
We need an amazing Digital Marketing Manager who can generate leads for the sales team and improve visibility of the brand. You’ll create killer content and grow the brand through email, social media, paid ad channels and PR.
Some of the initiatives you’ll be leading out on:
- Design conversion funnels from ad to app to conversion to paid user.
- Create landing pages and ads that convert.
- Help Sales write and run their email campaigns to maximum efficiency
Grow User Base
- Target independent Authors and help them bring their audiences over.
- Target existing communities of potential users (parents, readers and…)
Target Lighthouse Customers
- Initial email outreach to decision-makers at these districts (As identified by sales)
- Retargeting ads to all recipients of these emails
- Landing pages specific to those districts
Grow our Library of Modern Titles
- Target independent Authors and publishers with specific campaigns
- Create a self-signup flow for quicker and easier conversion
- Help our content team write and run their email campaigns to maximum efficiency
Grow Brand Awareness Across Social Media
- Manage a social media intern to help them create and share appropriate posts across platforms
- Target existing communities with valuable content that plays to the Algorithms
Generate Some Press Attention
- Win 2 EdTech Awards by marketing to the selection committees
- Release 6 Press Releases
- Secure 12 published articles/blog posts/reviews on Literal by press and industry insiders (See presshunt.co and helpareporter.com
- Do 5 case studies on Literal customers
Some of the channels you may be using:
You’ll create various email drip campaigns. Source, curate & validate lead lists. Maximize deliverability. A/B test campaigns and giving sales the tools they’ll need to know when to act on hot leads. Write email subjects and copy that get great open/click rates. Create dynamic landing pages that convert. Become an expert in the things that make an effective email campaign.
You'll be responsible for creating Literal’s campaigns, media calendars, content, driving follower engagement and user adoption. You’ll identify and engage influencers, grow and manage our community through engaging content such as our Podcast series and our unique chat-style book format (Did I say "engaging" enough? ha!)
You'll identify and create evergreen and seasonal story opportunities. Reach out to journalists to pitch ideas in various markets. Leverage tools like HARO and Press Hunt. Create and send out press releases. Create relationships with media contacts.
Top consideration will be given to candidates that have some or all of the following:
Have prior experience in content creation (Image, basic video, text, Email, sales copy, etc)
Have an eye for design and aesthetics (Show us prior work when you apply, we love that!)
Can show an up-to-date knowledge of social media ranking algorithms
Have a creative mind & is willing to experiment big and fail spectacularly
Have an understanding of Top-of-the funnel vs Bottom-of-the-funnel content
Experience with Retargeting ads and Email drip campaigns
Experience growing follower counts for other brands
Final Note: We love being flexible and playing hard, our mantra is "Get work done" and let's have fun!
Great Health Benefits
Employee Stock Options
Work Remotely (We are generally in the office 3-4 days a week)
Flexible Work Schedule
Dress Code?? (Is that still a thing? No, we don’t have one)
Our Startup Environment means we are growing quickly and have lots of career growth opportunities for hustlers that get stuff done!