Senior Software Engineer
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role:
You will be joining a high-performing team that is at the heart of Self Financial’s backend services. The ideal candidate should have a passion for creativity, quality, and delivering an innovative user experience to our large scale customer base. The ideal candidate should be used to working in a fast-paced, Agile Team-of-Teams, environment that continuously delivers new features and updates to our test and production environments. You will work with your team lead, engineering manager, development team and product manager to bring new features to our platform via backend infrastructure and code.
What you'll do:
- You will deliver new features and improvements on our core backend systems.
- You will integrate with our front-end elements via our Rest APIs and other 3rd-party services.
- You will develop the services and infrastructure needed to provide essential customer-facing solutions at a massive scale.
- You will work with designers, product managers and other team members in brainstorming new ideas, developing features, gathering feedback and iterating, thereby providing impactful improvement to our products.
- You will report to an engineering manager and work with our amazing and diverse team of professional engineers.
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with the development of Python code (or related languages) in a production environment.
- Experience building and consuming APIs to work with other services using REST.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence and similar platforms.
- Experience with leading engineering initiatives and desire to eventually lead a team
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Experience in the container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience with React is a plus
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures/services is a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.