Risk Management & Bank Partnership Director
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About The Job
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our team as the Risk Management and Bank Partnerships Director. This is a diverse role covering elements of banking supervision, governance, strategy, analytics, compliance, performance monitoring and process management. As Self continues to grow, there may be additional responsibilities relating to other risk stripes.
In this pivotal role, you will be primarily responsible for the creation and implementation of the Third-Party Risk Management Program. In addition, you will manage the bank partnership programs, including but not limited to the day-to-day interactions and follow ups to support those relationships, creating standardization for bank partner reporting packages, and ensuring a consistent and efficient approach across all partnerships and vendors. You will use relationships to influence and negotiate on various business needs, including delivering difficult messages related to business decisions.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the development and oversight of Self’s third-party risk management framework and strategy; establish enterprise-wide policies and procedures for assessing, managing, monitoring, and terminating third-party relationships, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and regulatory compliance.
- Create and provide detailed third-party risk management reporting to executive management and the Board of Directors, using analytics to identify trends and impacts, and facilitating action plans to address relevant issues.
- Focus on the day-to-day operational management of bank partner relationships, ensuring smooth coordination and execution of strategic plans.
- Advance a comprehensive enterprise-wide Bank Partner Program, that includes policies and procedures, relationship oversight, and engagement models.
- Risk assess existing decisions and processes related to bank partners, define root cause, and implement process changes to mitigate and reduce operational risks.
- Assist leadership in creating a culture of effective risk management, accountability, and demonstration of risk awareness across the organization.
What You Bring
- 10+ years Consumer Protection compliance, risk management or related experience, including interacting directly with regulators in a financial services environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of operational risk factors related to third party monitoring and reporting.
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of effectively articulating complex issues to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management including navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Project management experience with the ability to work independently and self-solve for delivery obstacles.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and make judgmental business decisions with minimal need for managerial support.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in supporting senior management and guiding teams towards collaborative and proactive risk management.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.