Senior Project Manager
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About The Job
Self Financial is looking for a Senior Project Manager to support our Operations Strategy and Planning team to scale and drive efficiency within our systems, tools, and processes. You will be responsible for gathering and refining business requirements for product and tool enhancements, analyzing operations bottlenecks and pain points, and scoping out opportunities for impact, and acting on escalations from our front-line Customer Success team.In addition, you will bring vast Project Management experience to the team, evaluating existing tools and project management systems to offer ideas and suggestions for modification.
What You Will Do
- Manage projects from conception to delivery, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to develop detailed project plans, including timelines, resource allocation, and budgets
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path milestones
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, communicating project status, risks, and issues effectively
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure project success, and offer guidance and support to junior resources amongst the team
- Provide regular project status updates to senior management, including both written and oral formats
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Continuously improve project management processes and methodologies
What You Bring
- 5-7 years of experience in Fin-Tech or Financial industry project management,
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, within scope, and within budget through use of project management systems and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate project outcomes, dependencies, and risks with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work effectively
Systems Experience (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Atlassian Products (Jira, Service Management, & Confluence)
- Salesforce Products (Service Cloud, Experience Cloud, & 3rd party integrations)
- Asana (or comparable project management tools)
- LucidChart (or comparable process mapping tools)
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?