Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the role:
The Manager, DevOps directs a team to build and scale fault-tolerant systems and services in our cloud infrastructure. This role partners with leadership across the organization to ensure that strategic plans and objectives are met. Your responsibilities include ensuring KPIs are met, ensuring that the team supports and upholds compliance controls, maintaining a global view of the environment, and actively contributing to drafting technical solutions and implementing them. You will report to the Director of DevOps.
What you will do:
- Responsible for managing the associate and mid-level DevOps Engineers who deploy, monitor, and maintain the production environment, taking a holistic view of system health, and ensure that our platform is stable and balanced
- Mentor and coach your direct reports to increase their technical and business acumen
- Recruit, engage, and retain a high performing team
- Along with the Director of DevOps, manage KPIs for the organization including performance, velocity, and uptime analysis
- Support quarterly roadmaps for the team
- Identify areas for cost optimization and reduction
- Grow the technical understanding of the stakeholders in and around the team
- Partner with departments across the company to solve complex business problems
What we want you to have:
- 5+ years of experience within a high-performance, 24x7, SRE/DevOps/IT team
- 5+ years of administration experience with AWS
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role
- 3+ years with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure As Code) using Terraform
- Experience with pipeline based SDLC CI/CD automation (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.