Key Account Manager
About the Company
At Stance, we believe everything starts and ends with our people. Self-reliant in our attitude, and entrepreneurial in our ethos, we have grit, guts and gratitude. Stance is a culture that cannot be duplicated - where smart, ambitious, and positive people thrive.
In 2009, we took what was once a stagnant staple and transformed socks into one of the market's most exciting accessories. By unlocking the potential of a canvas too often overlooked, Stance ignited a cultural movement around the world that has attracted visionary artists, athletes and icons to embrace our positive message of individuality and creativity. In the years since, our canvas for self-expression has expanded from toe to head by way of underwear, apparel and headwear. Through innovative materials, superior comfort and artistic design that is the bedrock ethos of our brand, Stance can now be found in over 40 countries for anyone looking to defy convention. We are Stitched Different®.
About the Role
The Key Account Manager is responsible for cultivating, establishing, and growing Stance National Chain wholesale business in select accounts. In this role you will develop retailer relationships & create a pipeline of opportunity that establishes a long-term growth plan. The role will require driving account plans as well as clearly articulating product & marketing needs to drive revenue & achieve goals.
About the Reporting Structure
This position reports to the VP of U.S. Wholesale.
About Primary Responsibilities
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Act as lead managing contact for key accounts internally & externally.
- Lead & support external sales rep development of key accounts.
- Drive accurate forecasting & efficiency.
- Communication & execution of brand strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
- Lead sell-in, sell thru, & retail activation for select accounts.
- Analytical & effective at identifying business opportunities.
- Effectively collaborate with VP of sales, merchandising, and marketing on strategies to drive growth.
- Work cross functionally with all relative departments.
- Manage healthy inventory and work directly with Sales Analytics.
- Strategically manage aged inventory.
- Deliver best in class in-store & online brand experience for the consumer.
- Travel for key meetings, events, and market reviews.
- Collaborate with sales operations to ensure on-time delivery.
- Understand ‘Value Added Services’ (VAS) to maximize account/brand profitability.
- Ability to translate & lead business in alignment with GTM for key accounts.
- Dually manage mature categories alongside new category business development.
- Recognizes that Stance is a team sport.
- Shares a passion for movement, art and creativity in some shape or form.
- Constantly seeks to align themselves to the strategic, financial and cultural plans of the company.
- Drive performance that delivers excellence in a way that preserves and enhances our ability to get results in the future.
- Foster an entrepreneurial atmosphere that supports continuous improvement, creativity, resourcefulness and a get it done mentality.
- Focus on creativity that enables imagination used to plan our future, solve problems and excite our consumers.
- Consistently express gratitude to acknowledge the help and contributions of others.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility in order to shepherd and safeguard our values and commitments.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Understands the marketplace & drives brand accordingly.
- Collaborative mindset with ability to present solutions.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude in regards to communication, teamwork, and ownership of tasks.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done.
- Ability to stay organized in a fast paced environment while still being able to prioritize projects and manage own time.
- Embraces the use of technology to maximize sales.
- Fluent in Microsoft office, google suite, and reading of sales reporting.
- Minimum 5+ years sales experience.
- Full Circle experience strongly preferred.
- Background in action sports, traditional sports, or fashion industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel.
San Clemente, CA