Accounting & Finance
Holmdel, NJ, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
WorkWave, a leading provider of web-based software (SaaS) and online marketing services for the field service industry, is looking for a Staff Accountant to assist with the operations of the Finance Department. WorkWave has thousands of customers in the pest control, lawn care, and other field service categories and provide back office and mobile software solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work within the finance team performing accounting duties such as billing, accounts payable, preparing journal entries, performing monthly account closings, keeping balance sheets updated, following up on receivables, and supporting the department in carrying out daily tasks.
- Researches and resolves accounting discrepancies in a timely manner including correspondence with external contacts when necessary.
- Performs basic accounting functions (e.g. audit accounting data, refund claims, process/calculate check requests, debit/credit memos, journal vouchers, etc.) for various Revenue Accounting areas (e.g. payments received, billings, tickets issued/used, etc.).
- Performs a variety of other functions/adhoc projects as assigned by the immediate supervisor/manager to aid in the department's/company's achievement of goals and business objectives.
- Distributes and stores month end closing statistics reports.
- Ability to prepare monthly financial statements and reports.
- Own the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls.
- Prepare general ledger operations and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Interact easily with people and possess a high degree of personal integrity, initiative and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business related field along with 2-3 years of experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with audit procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management and organization.
- CPA or CPA path preferred.
Currently not accepting candidates located in NY for this position.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We offer a casual work environment and remote work flexibility and have a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We care deeply and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We openly accept others as they are and build strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
• We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
• We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
• Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
• Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental and 401k with company match
• Find your perfect work/life balance with our Flexible Time Off policy or generous PTO plan (role dependent) and paid holidays
• Up to 4 weeks paid bonding leave
• Free subscription to the Calm App for you and up to 4 dependents!
• Tuition reimbursement
• Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
• 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
• Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
• Regional discounts and perks
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
• Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 10 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
• Recently named one of The Software Report's 3rd annual list of the Top 100 Software Companies of 2022 (worldwide!)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status: Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WorkWave, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you feel like you could make a great impact in this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that salary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.